I made this lovely pasta bake on Thursday night and it was so quick and easy to do that I thought I’d share it, here goes..
Serves – 2
Syns – 2.5 per serving
1 Small Onion
250 ml Passatta
1 Veg Stock Cube
200 ml Water
1 Tin of Tuna (drained)
Salt & Pepper
Handful of Mushrooms
150g Dried Pasta
40g Grated Mozzarella (5 syns)
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions, leaving a little al dente as the pasta will cook a bit more once in the oven.
2. While the pasta is cooking, chop up your onion and pepper (I used yellow but red would be nice too) and fry in fry light oil for a few minutes, until the onions are softened.
3. Mix together the veg stock cube, water, passatta and Worcestershire sauce and pour into the pan.
4. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan with everything else, season with salt and pepper.
5. Simmer the whole thing until the sauce has thickened up (about 10 minutes).
6. Once the sauce has thickened stir the cooked pasta and the tuna in to the sauce and place into one big or two small baking dishes (I used 2 smaller ones as it meant I could measure the cheese equally between the two servings).
7. Top everything with the grated cheese (20g per serving if using 2 smaller baking dishes) and cook in the oven until the cheese has melted.